I often look at my little spotted wonder horse, Autumn, and wonder "Who are you?" My beliefs are that we are spiritual beings, who occupy these bodies of ours. We need them to learn our life lessons and to fully experience the 3D world in which we live. I don't feel the 4-legged world is any different. They, too, are spiritual beings who occupy a physical body.
I'm convinced I'm addicted to life here on Earth; hence, I have reincarnated many, many times and have had many different lifetimes here on good ol' Planet Earth. How could you not want to take another spin around the planet? It's so beautiful! When you look at the sky and the trees and smell flowers and hear water running...oh, my goodness. Sign me up!!
Certainly, humans have done a good job of messing that up. They're the ones who make me think twice, I'm sure, about ever returning and doing it again. Wars, pollution, crime, waste -- some of our more ugly accomplishments. We just keep doing the same thing over and over again.
Or, maybe I'm just stubborn. I have to keep coming back because so far I haven't gotten it right. Maybe this time I'll be wiser, earlier in life. Kinder. Less afraid.
There I am, up there on a cloud in between lives and one of my pals comes along and says "Hey! Wanna go back again?" "It's going to be fun this time. We'll have a blast. Besides, it wasn't so bad that last time." Hmmm...you mean the one where I was burned at the stake for being a witch? Or maybe the one where I died young, in war? Yikes.
Apparently, amnesia is part of the game in Spirit World, because here I am again. Maybe I thought this time was going to be different. Or, I thought I'd be smarter, tougher, braver, stronger...whatever. Amnesia must be part of the game down here, too, because once we arrive we don't remember anything. We have to start all over, trying to figure it all out and why the heck we are here.
No, I don't think humans come back as dogs, or horses come back as people. I think you work within the energy pool from which you come: human, animal, plant, mineral. Although, I'm sure there must be exceptions. Every rule needs an exception -- that keeps things exciting. It might be very interesting to live a lifetime as a rock in the middle of a desert. Very quiet, I would imagine.
So, when I look at Autumn and wonder who she is, I just don't see a horse.
Usually, I see this delightful being who is living out this lifetime in a very nice little horse suit. She put it on like a suit of clothes and came to this planet to be my pal. God bless her.
But, somehow, she has this different energy about her. We humans are such victims of our own hubris and ego that we often forget that we share this planet with a whole lot of other beings. Some of them we can see and many of them we cannot. I hate to think of their opinions of how we are managing this world of ours...and theirs.
The Faery Kingdom is one such set of beings that share this planet Earth. I don't think they all look like Tinkerbell, although I suppose some of them do. (Oh, Martha is totally daft. Now she's talking about faeries!) They have their jobs to do, which include helping us to learn what we need to learn and caretaking the earth.
So, I think Autumn is from the Faery Kingdom. I think she volunteered to be made physical so that she could share my life in a meaningful way. And teach me stuff. Perhaps she got special dispensation from Horse Spirit to be a visitor in their world this time around.
Yup, I think Autumn is a Faery Horse -- a marvelous hybrid creature that munches hay and poops just like other horses. Or, maybe all horses have a little bit of the faery in them. Is that what makes them so magical? Is it their other-worldliness that appeals to us? Are they a lovely connection to the realms where all is possible and all is magic and all is light and air?
Do they come to us lucky humans to give us what is so lacking in the rest of our lives? The possibility of magic? To remind us that there are many kingdoms that co-exist with us and to treat them all with respect? And to keep us grounded and connected to this wonderful planet on which we live, at the same time?
Autumn is so much a part of my "therapy." She offers healing and companionship and lessons and wisdom. She also offers play and freedom and laughter. Pretty good work for a faery, I think. Like an angel who is getting its wings when you hear a bell ring (thanks, Hollywood), perhaps a horse faery comes to bestow some wings on us.
Every time you hear a rider yell Whoa! Dammit! you can be sure some faery horse is laughing their wings off, and wondering why their human doesn't want to learn to fly.
Monday, January 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In response to your comment about human arrogance (what might be called "specio-centrism"), I recall a great Star Trek episode from the Next Gen series. The Enterprise crew members encounter a crystalline life form with which they manage to communicate, thanks to Data's neural net (or some such charming and helpful nonsense replete with techno-babble.) They discover that the life form's description of humans is "ugly bags of mostly water."
ReplyDeleteA different perspective, for sure, and a rather far cry from Hamlet's comment: "What a piece of worke is a man! how Noble in Reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in Action, how like an Angel! In apprehension, how like a God? the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals. . . "
I'm having a hard time seeing Mohican as a faery. Maybe a leprechaun, another creature of this earth who encourages us to care for our planet but who is also stubborn and willing to trick us. Mohican is more Spanish than Irish but such human definitions shouldn't matter to creatures of the earth.